Saturday, August 09, 2008

Eden Hits The Bottle

Until now, anytime Eden held her own bottle, it was strictly by accident.
The other day I was sitting down to give her some juice and she snatched it from me and started feeding herself.
Her technique was pretty good, even if it did involve squashing a giraffe.
But when her arms got tired it was time to try something else...
...like investigating whether or not giraffe is kosher. (Hey Uncle Adam, is giraffe kosher?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that her eyes do all the talking, from her eyes I can tell that giraffe are delicious, and as the Rambam said; ‘if it is delicious it must be kosher’, meaning, this specific giraffe is kosher by Eden.

But if we really want to check what the big book decision about the giraffe, I think that it’s in Genesis 64, 22: ‘he how hits the bottle, shell nibble the giraffe tail after’.
So I think it is more than kosher, it is a Mitzvah!

Anonymous said...

I did some more checking on Google, and the giraffe is mentioned in the Hagadah for Passover; while drinking the six glass of wine ‘if the boy is young in days, he may shoot the six glass wile lining on grf, and may clean his lips from the spill wine with the grf tail’.
Hazal explain the grf as giraffe, and say ‘the giraffe is a strong and tall, that eats from the plans, it is good for lining on, and the boys lips are young and pure’, so cleaning the boys lips with the giraffe tail, is clean and pure, and kosher to Passover’.
But bet Hillel said on the grf; ‘the giraffe tail is long and may touch the ground’, the tip or the giraffe tail is not kosher for Passover, and in ‘may clean his lips from the spill wine’ bet Hillel remind us that the ‘lips’ is the main word, to remind us all, that even under drunkenness we need to be careful not to let the non kosher to Passover enter into our mouth.

Unknown said...

Thanks Uncle Adam. You are invited to our house for Passover. We are having giraffe.